Last Revised: November 12, 2020
We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the personal information we may collect and process in the context of operating the Site, and we are committed to protecting the personal information entrusted with us. Please read the following carefully in order to understand People and Payroll’s views and practices regarding the processing of personal information and how People and Payroll treats it.
- Table of content
12 Third party service providers and third party software
15 Cookies, Tracking and Similar Technologies
16 Additional Disclosures for California Residents
- Who we are?
- Your acknowledgment of this policy
- Which Personal Information may we process?
During and as part of the use of our Site, we collect and process: (i) non-identifiable and anonymous information, which consists of technical information and behavioral information that does not pertain to a specific individual (“Non-Personal Information”); and (ii) personal information, which is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Information”), as follows:
- Non-Personal Information.
- Like most websites and online services, we passively collect certain Non-Personal Information from your devices when you access, browse and use our Site, including: (i) technical information such as the type and version of your device and its operating system, the type of browser, screen resolution and keyboard language, Wi-Fi connectivity, the type and name of the device and/or browser, etc.; and (ii) behavioral information which may include your click-stream, your activities on the Site and additional information of a similar nature (collectively, “Technical and Behavioral Information”).
- We may also use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics to obtain detailed analytics on your device and your behavior on the Site, for purposes of analytics, research, security and fraud prevention. Please note that we or our third-party service providers will collect such Technical and Behavioral Information by using certain technologies such as Cookies (as further detailed below).
- Any Non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information, as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
- Personal Information which is provided by Users.
- Applying to Become a Community Member and Opening an Account:
- Wwhen you apply to become a Community Member, we will require you to provide, via a dedicated online form, certain Personal Information, including your name, company’s name and email address. We may request from time to time additional information, including any information which we may deem necessary to complete your application process. Please note that if your application to become a Community Member is declined, we will delete and not retain a copy of the Personal Information which your provided to that end.
- Please note that if the Company approves your application to be become a Community Member, we will ask you to fill out an additional account registration form, where we will ask you to provide your biography, your field of specialty, country of residence and whether you will be willing to provide consultation to other Community Members. Community Members may also, voluntarily, provide a profile picture for their account.
- Additional information may be requested in the future.
- Please note that unless explicitly stated otherwise in the Site, all Personal Information included in your account is publicly available.
- Account Credentials: If you have opened an account to use the Site, you may be required to create a username and password.
- Communications with People and Payroll: we may collect and process any Personal Information Users may provide to us as part of any communications with us, by any means, including email correspondence, telephone, the Site’s Contact Us form, WhatsApp and other means of communications which we may make available in the future.
- Contact Details: when you provide us with your contact details via the Contact Form on the Site, we will ask you to provide us some or all of the following details: full name, e-mail address and title. A free text message may also be provided.
- Mailing lists: You may voluntarily join our mailing list by providing us with your email address.
- Data collected for sending push notifications: Subject to your consent to receive push notifications, we, via our service providers, will collect all or part of the following information: mobile advertising identifiers (such as Apple IDFAs and Android Advertising identifiers), email addresses, IP address, device push token, precise location data, network information, language, time zone and privacy preferences.
- Information from other sources.
When you apply to become a Community Member, we may obtain additional Personal Information from other sources, which is required in order to complete the application procedure. The categories of sources from which we collect information, and have collected from in the past 12 months, include:
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
- Data brokers, from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks with which you interact.
- Personal Information included in the User Generated Content.
- The Site may allow Users to upload, post, publish and make available through it, their own copyrightable materials such as literary works, text, images, text material, photos and any other proprietary materials, including without limitation commenting on the content available via the site (collectively, the “User Generated Content”).
- Please note that unless explicitly stated otherwise, all User Generated Content is publicly available.
- Personal Information collected via technology.
- Geolocation data: during your use of the Site, People and Payroll will access, collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store “geolocation data”, including through the collection of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and other similar information to determine your location for analytics, advertising and security purposes.
- Identifiers: during your use of the Site, we will access, collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store online identifiers, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, AD-ID or other unique identifiers, for the purpose of providing you with targeted advertising and for statistical and metric purposes.
- Technical and Behavioral Information: to the extent that the Technical and Behavioral Information detailed above under Section 5.1.1 will be linked to or associated with a specific individual then such information will be considered as Personal Information.
- How do we collect Personal Information?
There are three main methods we use to collect Personal Information:
- We collect information automatically via your entry, connection, access and/or use of the Site. In other words, when you access or use the Site, we are aware of your usage of the Site, and may gather, collect and record the information related to such usage. For example, when you use the site, we collect your IP address and other online identifiers.
- We collect information which you provide to us directly. For example, we collect Personal Information that you provide via the Site, such as Personal Information included in your User Generated Content.
- What are the purposes of the collection and processing of information?
- Non-personal Information is processed in order to:
- Enhance your experience on the Site;
- Create statistical information and learn about the preferences of our Users and general trends regarding the Site (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others);
- Deliver targeted advertising and run advertising campaigns related to our products and services;
- Keep the Site safe and secure; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our Site.
- Personal Information is processed in order to:
- Enable the operation of the Site, including the process of opening an account to use the Site;
- Provide Users with technical support and assistance;
- Send you transactional communications, notices, announcements, and additional information related to People and Payroll and/or the Site, including with respect to changes made to our Site’s policies;
- Develop and send you newsletters and information about our and other parties’ products and services by email, SMS, phone or otherwise (for example, we may send you email and, if you opt-in, push notifications regarding content that may be of interest to you) – you may opt-out of such communications at any time, by following the directions included in the newsletter or other communications sent to you;
- Conduct internal operations, such as: troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical analysis, as well as the improvement of the Site;
- Keep the Site safe and secured against fraudulent and criminal activity;
- Comply with our legal obligations and provide us with the ability to protect our rights and legitimate interests;
- Maintain data processing records and general administrative purposes.
Note to Users located in the EU:
In order for People and Payroll to process Personal Information relating to its Users, as detailed herein, such processing must be justified by a “basis” for processing, as follows:
- the processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations – we may process your Personal Information for disclosure of information to authorities and to maintain data processing records and general administrative purposes, as required by legal obligations that apply to us; and
- the processing is in our legitimate interests – subject to your interests and fundamental rights, we shall perform the Personal Information processing activities described herein under our legitimate interest in: (i) marketing our products and services, including our legitimate interest in performing online advertising campaigns and sending advertisements, updates, notices, announcements and additional information related to People and Payroll, the Site and the related services; (ii) offering comfortable and safe access to our Site, (iii) conducting internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes; (iv) personalizing the Site and ensuring that People and Payroll provides the best services to its Users, (v) ensuring that the Site is maintained safe and secured against fraudulent and criminal activity; and (vi) managing our internal operations, maintaining records and email tracking. Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful basis, we will carry out a balancing test to ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interests.
Note to non-EU Users:
BY ENTERING, CONNECTING TO, ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS SPECIFIED HEREIN.
- Sharing Personal Information with third parties
- In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described under Section 7 above, we may also share your Personal Information in the following cases:
- People and Payroll’s Personnel: Personal Information that we collect and process may be transferred to or accessed by personnel of People and Payroll for the sole purpose of enabling the operation of the Site and to contact you (as detailed in Section 7 above). Please note that all of People and Payroll’s personnel that will have access to your Personal Information are under an obligation of strict confidentiality with respect to such Personal Information.
- Service Providers: we share Personal Information with vendors, commercial software providers, consultants and data processors who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, companies that provide analysis, messaging services and services which host the Site. Please note that we collect, hold and manage your Personal through third parties’ cloud based services, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of the Users’ jurisdiction. For more information regarding our service providers, please refer to Section 12 below.
- For avoidance of doubt, People and Payroll may transfer and disclose Non-Personal Information, i.e., non-identifiable and anonymous information which consists of Technical And Behavioral Information that does not pertain to a specific individual, to third parties, at its discretion, including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of our Site and services.
- Data subjects’ rights
People and Payroll acknowledges and hereby informs you, that you have the following rights with respect to the Personal Information we collect and process about you:
- Right to access: you have the right to request a review of your Personal Information held by People and Payroll. We may refuse to comply with your access request if the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive in nature.
- Right to erasure: under certain conditions, you may be entitled to require that People and Payroll will delete or “block” your Personal Information (e.g. if the continued processing of those data is not justified).
- Right to Portability: you may have the right to transfer your Personal Information between data controllers (i.e. to transfer your Personal Information to another entity). The right to data portability only applies where your Personal Information is processed by us with your consent or for the performance of a contract and when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object to or withdraw consent: where that lawful basis for processing your Personal Information is either “public interest” or “legitimate interests”, those lawful bases are not absolute, and you may have the right to object to such processing. Where you object on the grounds of legitimate interest, we shall no longer process your Personal Information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If the processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
- The right to restrict processing: under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information due to your particular situation.
- Right to lodge a complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint before the relevant data protection authority or supervisory authority of your jurisdiction.
To exercise these rights please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com with sufficient details and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe, but in any event no later than as required by applicable law.
Please note that you may exercise some of the above-mentioned rights indecently via your Account on the Site.
- Location of your data
Note to Users located in the EU:
If you are located in the EU, you have a right to request further information regarding the data transfer mechanisms used by us with respect to data transfers to third countries outside the EU.
In order to keep your Personal Information safe, we apply strict safeguards when transferring it outside of the EEA, which may include the following:
- Transferring your personal information to countries approved by the European Commission as having adequate data protection laws, such as Israel; or
- Entering into standard contracts that have been approved by the European Commission and which provide an adequate level of high quality protection, with the recipients of your Personal Information.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, AND AGREE, IN JURISDICTION WHERE SUCH CONSENT IS REQUIRED, TO SUCH TRANSFER, STORING AND/OR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The Site is intended solely for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, People and Payroll does not intend and does not knowingly directly collect any Personal Information from Users under the age of eighteen (18) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of eighteen (18) are not using the Site.
- Third Party Service Providers and Third Party Software
- We may use third-party service providers (such as hosting cloud services), who may collect, store and/or process your Personal Information. Such vendors may be located in countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the laws which apply in the Users’ jurisdiction.
- Such third party service providers may include without limitation the following service providers:
- We take appropriate measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and prevent unauthorized access to the Site or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or by using other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of such information will never occur.
- People and Payroll will comply with applicable law in the event of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your Personal Information and will inform you of such breach as required by applicable law.
- TO THE EXTENT THAT PEOPLE AND PAYROLL IMPLEMENTED THE REQUIRED SECURITY MEASURES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, PEOPLE AND PAYROLL SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR AN UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Data retention
- Cookies, Tracking and Similar Technologies
You can choose to change your cookies settings for our website at any time by clicking here:
- First and third party Cookies – First-party Cookies are Cookies that belong to us and that we place on your device. Third-party Cookies are Cookies that another party, which provides us a service, places on your device through your use of our Site. For example, to administer our Site and for research purposes, we have contracted third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Site Users. Third-party Cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet and/or mobile applications.
- Do we track whether users open our emails? Our emails may contain a single “web beacon pixel” which enables us to verify whether our emails (and any links or advertisements within the email) are opened. We may use this information to determine whether our emails are of interest to Users, to approach Users who do not open our emails and verify whether they wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate of the audience size for their advertisements. Please note that such “web beacon pixel” will be deleted once you delete the email from your email account. If you do not wish the “web beacon pixel” to be downloaded to your device at all, please set your email account settings to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
- What sort of Cookies does our website use? Generally, our Cookies perform the following functions:
- Essential Cookies – those Cookies are essential to navigate around the Site and use its features. For example, they allow us to remember your Cookie preferences and to verify if something is not working properly, so we can fix it quickly.
- Analytical and Performance Cookies – those Cookies are used to analyze how our Users use our Site and to monitor the Site’s performance. For example, we might use performance Cookies to keep track of which pages are frequently visited and from what locations our Users come from. We might also use these Cookies to highlight Site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the Site. We generally use third party Cookies to perform these services, for example, Google Analytics.
- Functionality Cookies – those Cookies allow us to operate the Site in accordance with your preferences when browsing the Site. For example, such Cookies may recall your customization preferences, such as your preferred text size, fonts, languages and other parts of the Site that are alterable.
- Targeting and Tracking Cookies – those Cookies collect information about your activities on our Site and other websites, to provide you:
- Can a Site User block Cookies?
- Most devices and browsers will allow you to erase Cookies from your device’s hard drive, block acceptance of Cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase Cookies, your experience of the Site may be limited. Please note that unless you block the acceptance of Cookies, the Site will utilize Cookies upon your use of the Site (all unless it is required by applicable law to provide a separate consent to use such Cookies, and in which case we will use such Cookies only after we receive your separate consent to such use and subject to your right to withdraw such consent at any time). For detailed instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies, please refer to your browser ‘help’, ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. If you want to remove previously stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Site from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your settings as described above.
- Do Not Track – Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Opting out of performance Cookies – It is possible to opt-out of having your browsing activity within the Site recorded by performance Cookies. Please note that we use Google Analytics as our service providers in order to track Users’ activities on the Site, including by use such services’ persistent Cookies. Google provides a browser-add on which allows users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites, which can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Opting out of target advertising Cookies – The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants https://www.aboutads.info/choices; and (ii) for targeted ads from NAI participants https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services). You can also visit the Internet Advertising Bureau’s consumer advice site at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices, which will provide you further information, a list of all Cookies that are currently set on your device and instruction on how to opt-out of each of them. You may opt-out of Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/ .
- To opt out of us sharing your hashed email address for Matched Ads, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you wish to opt out of Matched Ads. We will remove your email address from any subsequent lists shared with ad partners for purposes of Matched Ads.
- Have any questions?
* * * * *